I Forge Iron

New smith from the backwoods of TN

Spots

Hello everyone. My name is Jordan, I'm a 24 yr old Marine Corps vet, who has been smithing as a hobby since I was a kid in my dads shop. I grew up working steel, and recently have begun a quest to make myself a much better smith. We have a coal fired forge, using an eletric blower, and a 200 lb Kholsaw anvil, that came from a mining company back in the early 20's. Below is me and my dad with a couple of bowies we forged out a few weeks ago, as well as some shop pictures. I'm glad to be here, and I hope to learn alot.

2012-10-13_19-29-05_380.jpg

2012-07-04_19-32-51_791.jpg

2012-07-04_19-34-09_790.jpg

Where are you, other than "in the backwoods of Tennessee"? That doesn't tell much around here. I'm on the southern tip of Big South Fork NRRA.

I grew up between Briceville and New River on the pilot mountain, community is Graves Gap. I live between Oliver Springs and Harriman now, but my parents still live in the same place, which is also where the shop is.

Welcome aboard Spots, glad to have you. It makes me happy in a deep down way to see you and your Father spending this kind of time together. My Father and I used to and it was always good, in hind sight anyway I miss him.

Frosty The Lucky.