I Forge Iron

canvas? for a bellows

Azur Jahić

Painters use large sheets of heavy canvas to protect the inside of houses when working. Boat sails are often synthetic material now, but canvas was used in the old times.

Denim, like jeans are made from, are a form of light-weight canvas.

http://www.google.com/search?q=canvas+painter+tarp&hl=en&client=safari&rls=en&prmd=imvns&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=5rJsUKXyOYqn0AGpl4DQCA&ved=0CAoQ_AUoAQ&biw=1095&bih=925

Canvas is a tightly-woven, usually heavy cloth commonly made from either linen or cotton. Modern synthetics have largely replaced canvas for many applications but tents (the army pup tents were still canvas when I was in a few years ago, the bigger tents were largely synthetics), sail cloth, tarps, oil cloth, and drop cloths all were once made from canvas and sometimes these items can still be made from canvas.

ron

is canvas have reaction i mean when you push it is it react.I m trying to make bellows with inner tube but that s have a lot"S of truble because iron tube is not tihgt i get clampsy when i use a inner tube inner tube acting like sponge or somthing that allways escaping

is the trapauling a canvas

Some Tarpaulins are canvas some are some other synthetic material or plastic. Any of them would be ok for a bellows but i would use the heaviest material available. Some synthetic leather upholstry materials would also be suitable such as naughyde. Using some sort of sealing material between the wood frame of the bellows and the covering material is esential to getting a good tight seal. A silicone calking compound works well for this, put a thin bead on the wood framing and then attach the covering material, cover with a thin flexible wood strip and tack into place. i have plans for a bellows if it will help you.

ok i make some inner tube bellows but its not tight and i don "t make a good nozzle its blowin alll side can you post your plans

you mean to use siicone for wood to attach material and that way i stop air for flowing out

i cant explain i foun something tough material its black i dont know is it sintetic leather take a look this is not flexibile and i dont know what kind of material is it its look like plastic can i make bellows with this i have a 1 metre long and 1 metre wide when i make small bellows it"S cant moved but i dont know how it will lookls on big bellows

post-26717-0-45385100-1349375917_thumb.j