I Forge Iron

Hunter

2Tim215

I know this doesn't belong here as it's not forged but thought I would share anyway. N690 SS with 316 guard and Red bush willow handle and SS pins. Cold forged before HT to give it a "forged finish" look that I know is not everyone's cup a tea, but I like it!

OAL = 245
Blade = 120x27x3
Tested at 59RC
Blade finished by hand to 1000# and then lightly etched.

2-6.jpg

1-9.jpg

Comments, crits and disgusted opinions welcome as usual.

Tim

I know this doesn't belong here as it's not forged but thought I would share anyway. N690 SS with 316 guard and Red bush willow handle and SS pins. Cold forged before HT to give it a "forged finish" look that I know is not everyone's cup a tea, but I like it!

OAL = 245
Blade = 120x27x3
Tested at 59RC
Blade finished by hand to 1000# and then lightly etched.

2-6.jpg

1-9.jpg

Comments, crits and disgusted opinions welcome as usual.

Tim

This is exactly where it belongs. There's nothing in the rules that says it has to be forged :) However, if you are concerned about where it truely belongs, send it to me and I will care for it until we sort it out :ph34r:
Beautiful work, Tim. I love the contrast between the "forged" metal and the polished "business" edge. As for the knot in the handle, it just adds character; smilar to scars in fine leather. Bravo!

Great looking knife. I really like the shape of the guard. To me the top arc is unexpected, but flows nicely and adds interest to an already nice profile. I also like the peened texture on the blade that is echoed by the guard.

Robert

Great looking knife. I really like the shape of the guard. To me the top arc is unexpected, but flows nicely and adds interest to an already nice profile. I also like the peened texture on the blade that is echoed by the guard.

Robert

My thoughts exactly. I love the cold forged finish on blades.