I Forge Iron

My First One

Loneforge

This is the first blade I ever forged. I salvaged a piece of 1/2" keyway stock from the dumpster. A chunk off brass from the dumpster and 6011 welding rods for pins.....Did I mention the handle was made from a busted wire brush....I was quite proud of myself after forging this and getting it all together. Looking back it's kinda rough compared to what I'm making today. Not that today's work is overwhelmingly awesome by any stretch....I see an improvement. This knife was stolen from a camping trip, along with my rope. I hope the guy that stole it is enjoying it........I would like to have kept this knife forever. Oh well he must have been worse off than I. It was a perfectly good rope! :)
HnZBs.jpg

With my generally positive outlook to life, I'd have taken the theft of my first knife as a compliment! If somebody likes it so much that they have to steel it, then surely it was a good one! I'm feeling mildly upset that nobody liked mine enough to steel it now :)

On one hand It really :angry: when my first good cable knife and O-1 bowie was stolen. On the other hand, I'm honored that they wanted them. Oh well, <_< I hope those fellas have butter fingers and drop them on thier foot removing a toe or two. :P You know the old saying; May the fleas of a thousand camels infest thier :o and may their arms be to short to scratch it :blink: . I hate thieves.