I Forge Iron

My first creation , A kukribowie

Guiltyspark

sparky, if that's the first thing you've ever forged, then good on ya Mate. I'd possibly reduce the 'hump' on your dropped point a bit. What did you make it out of? Look forward to seeing it cleaned up. You should have some of the knife Gurus/bladesmiths commenting and they'll give you good advice. Well done!

A darn good start!
Perrin is right to ask for more pics, but it looks to be a safe width so long as it doesn't get skinny too. Props on the forging too, this is the first forge I've seen where the hammer used was actually dressed - or maybe you have really good control intuitively.
I'm with Whirly in wanting to see that clip point brought back farther.
What was the steel? What were you thinking for the handle?

A darn good start!
Perrin is right to ask for more pics, but it looks to be a safe width so long as it doesn't get skinny too. Props on the forging too, this is the first forge I've seen where the hammer used was actually dressed - or maybe you have really good control intuitively.
I'm with Whirly in wanting to see that clip point brought back farther.
What was the steel? What were you thinking for the handle?
What does "dressed hammer" mean? Also i have more pictures coming , the steel was 5160. I ordered some micarta scales too.

Most blacksmithing hammers come with sharp-ish edges running around the face (if that makes sense) - grind these edges smooth so poorly aimed blows don't leave marks on the steel.
Wow, spring steel was a good choice for this style blade. Temper the spine to a brown-purple (a little blue is fine too) with a propane torch after you grind/polish and harden it; repeat once more after a successful first time, but re-harden and start again if you go past blue. This'll give you a nice chopping tool - something to use for years to come.

Spark,

I'm not sure if I understand correctly, are you trying to forge bevels that mimic hollow grinding? It seems like that'd be a harder way to go than flat forging bevels then hollow grinding them.
no a "hollow forged" blade from my understanding is a very wide fuller (from edge to spine) that is forged in by hammer instead of ground by the profile of the grinder. think of it like the face of the blade being concave.