I Forge Iron

Just a few words from a long lost blacksmith

Yeah Richfield is definitely off the beaten path! The farmers there so unsophisticated that they were scandalized when they had professional wrestling matches there and after the matches someone saw all those wrestlers that had been trying to KILL each other get into the same car and drive out of town together! The whole town was buzzing about that! My Mom's Dad raised his family there on a postman's wages and they lived in the biggest house in town (at the time)... sold to them at favorable terms because the previous owner felt that a family like that needed a big home! The world was a little different place then! My other Grandfather owned the hardware store and post office there when it was the only business in town except for the railroad. My Dad and I used to trout fish on the Little Wood River and the Richfield canal. My cousins either competed in the rodeo or were rodeo queens!

Whatever you decide Larry, I sincerely hope for the best for you. I personally have a great respect for everything you post. For me, you have come as close to replacing Grant Sarver as is possible in posting on this board. Please consider that a compliment.

I hope you can get back to a happy place in your life.

LL-

+1 vote for dumping the overhead. I did the same thing about a year ago, although my note was about half yours. Moved to the country, shoved all the gear I could into the shop garage, put up a few bird feeders. Did wonders for the brain. take care.

Follow your gut Bro . . .

Bits will find a new master . . . big shop, little shop . . . doesn't matter . . . put your boy in your heart and your mind to your life . . . take sorrow and let it wash in it's own time . . . never hesitate to reach out.

When comes time . . . Be at peace.

Larry,
I've always felt that if one door closes, another opens. That's easy for me to say having never walked in your shoes so to speak. Having a close friend who has gone thru what you are now, I can only wish you the best. I know you are a positive individual and will suceed no matter what. The idea of downsizing and reinventing yourself is a great idea. I look at change as being positive. I think you do too. Getting rid of the hubris is a big step in the right direction. Sleeping at night is a good thing.
The door here is always open...weekend at the beach?
John

Larry, as previously said our thoughts are with you! I'm sure with your character you will bob to the top no matter where you find yourself!

As for a weekend at the beach with John you would be amaised, those are great folk.& they are top notch at entertaining! A word of warning though "a bottle of scotch" will cover Friday afternoon- and then there is still the rest of the weekend to go? :D

Hope to see you all again soon..

Jeez Ian, you make me sound like an alcoholic. It's not my fault that all good single malt scotch bottles have holes in them and don't last long. Actually, I was on the wagon so to speak for a few months to lose some weight when my good friend Stuart Sinclair (the Scotsman who started happy hr 15 yrs ago at the shop) died of a brain aneurysm at the age of 57 while sailing on the Columbia. That made me realize that life is too short to not enjoy good scotch and good times with friends.

And Larry, you just have to show up...scotch or not. :)

John