I Forge Iron

T backed knife .

Chris john

Hi people ,
Just wanted to show my T backed knife .
Used 01 steel on this for the blade , Brass furniture,
japanese style guard from stirling silver with copper habaki .

Twisted Brass wire wraped on Ivory handle
Sheath is made from old winnchester stock walnut i believe
Chased and repoussed a couple of lion heads out of sheet brass
for the sheath and end cap on the knife , hope you like thanks
Chris

post-25508-0-25582000-1339150227_thumb.j

post-25508-0-74131000-1339150279_thumb.j

post-25508-0-90735300-1339150326_thumb.j

post-25508-0-69679100-1339150355_thumb.j

post-25508-0-57329100-1339150392_thumb.j

post-25508-0-48689800-1339150441_thumb.j

post-25508-0-96395100-1339150483_thumb.j

post-25508-0-21961200-1339150509_thumb.j

post-25508-0-85195700-1339150542_thumb.j

post-25508-0-10503700-1339150581_thumb.j

post-25508-0-68185100-1339150609_thumb.j

That is an outstanding piece and shows your talent and perserverence. My experience with copper and brass: I hesitate any more due to the high maintenance. They look wonderful to begin but that fades as oxidation takes hold. Some of the methods used in restoration of the pieces may stain that ivory. With the skills you have exhibited you may want to consider gold or silver. Keep at it an keep us posted with your new work.

That's a wonderful project. As said you need to work on your photography. If you reflect your flash off a piece of white paper or shoot it through a single ply of tissue it'll diffuse the light and bring out more detail in the subject.

Frosty The Lucky.

That is an outstanding piece and shows your talent and perserverence. My experience with copper and brass: I hesitate any more due to the high maintenance. They look wonderful to begin but that fades as oxidation takes hold. Some of the methods used in restoration of the pieces may stain that ivory. With the skills you have exhibited you may want to consider gold or silver. Keep at it an keep us posted with your new work.
Hi Rich ,
thanks for the imfo mate shall do.
but i dont mind a bit of patinering seems to give a bit of caracture some times
Chris

That's a wonderful project. As said you need to work on your photography. If you reflect your flash off a piece of white paper or shoot it through a single ply of tissue it'll diffuse the light and bring out more detail in the subject.

Frosty The Lucky.
Hi Frosty ,
I Will have to give that a try thank you .
And thanks for liking my work .
Chris

Chris. "hope you like?" Mate, c'mon, how can we not like? You do beautiful work and I for one would like to have a skill like yours. Keep it coming...

Hi Whirly ,
Everthing is possable mate just takes a bit of time thank you very much
Chris

Photo quality aside, some truly beautiful work! Thanks for posting the abbreviated pic-tutorial! The pictures do clarify the steps significantly. All I need now are are a boatload of skills. : D

Not being jealous, or down on myself, just realistic. ( ; I am absolutely motivated to study those skills I don't possess, and practice, practice, practice.

All they best, Robert

Photo quality aside, some truly beautiful work! Thanks for posting the abbreviated pic-tutorial! The pictures do clarify the steps significantly. All I need now are are a boatload of skills. : D

Not being jealous, or down on myself, just realistic. ( ; I am absolutely motivated to study those skills I don't possess, and practice, practice, practice.

All they best, Robert
Hi Robert , Motavation you go it mate .
Chris

All i can say is wow. I can't believe what some of you guys turn out . It is seeing knives like this that makes me truely envious of your skills.
thankyou for sharing with us all.
Regards
Allan
Hi Allan my pleasure glad you like mate .
Chris