I Forge Iron

I had a guy from the local newspaper come by last week...

I had a guy from the local newspaper come by last week...and this is the result.
I have to say, I'm impressed. The fellow is a photographer but they made him bring a video camera two (something he's not very familiar with) and it turned out pretty good.
It's sort of a snapshot of what's going on nearby kind of story. They do these every once in a while.
Take a look, there is video and photos too.

http://www.winnipegs...ksmith-by-night

thats great p! love the look of where your working, and the lovely items hung on the walls!! wonderful. also, you came across very well, not at all elitist, which i love, and im pleased as well how you said anyone can learn it, whilst showing some truly beautiful work. this is all great and sends a fabulous positive message about the craft, and your attitude towards it. thumbs up from me - really like that little toaster too.... id seen it on the thread but good to see you showing how that works, becasue ive never seen one.

thats great p! love the look of where your working, and the lovely items hung on the walls!! wonderful. also, you came across very well, not at all elitist, which i love, and im pleased as well how you said anyone can learn it, whilst showing some truly beautiful work. this is all great and sends a fabulous positive message about the craft, and your attitude towards it. thumbs up from me - really like that little toaster too.... id seen it on the thread but good to see you showing how that works, becasue ive never seen one.

There was one at the Thame Show Giles had made and was using as a "Can you tell what it is?" to engage the visitors attention

Good vid P. and nice work

i think it totally brings the whole thing to life when there is an object people can interact with and work out what it is - sounds great john, and i bet they enjoyed it. if there is a function, people are more willing to engage in the process i reckon. and if they can understand something of the process, then they start to realise why the whole thing is so enjoyable and absorbing to DO and the price is what it is! :)

I especially like the shot of your "ACME" anvil. :D

Everyone knows that ACME makes the best anvils! Mine has no name left on it, either through wear or just age (it came from England in a shipment of other anvils and tools) so I decided to give it a brand name. My son thought it was funny so I keep it there. I completely forgot about it while the guy was here... :blink:

I avoid reporters like the plague. My last encounter with one resulted in a really bad experience. I was researching resources and advertising for a proposed new community center. Rather than reporting that the group was in negotiations over using a vacant school building, the reporter wrote that a community center was definitely moving into the building. Needless to say, the superintendent of that school system exploded. Bye bye community center.

Everyone knows that ACME makes the best anvils! Mine has no name left on it, either through wear or just age (it came from England in a shipment of other anvils and tools) so I decided to give it a brand name. My son thought it was funny so I keep it there. I completely forgot about it while the guy was here... :blink:

All you need to do now is put a stuffed coyote under it.

Frosty The Lucky.

Acme, the highest point, the highest quality, yeah, that's a good brand alright. And I bet all of your other tools are "Acme" brand too! That was a very nice shot piece of online journalism. He didn't paint you as some kind of retro Luddite anyway but as a very conscientious smith that did nice work. Way to go! B)

Acme, the highest point, the highest quality, yeah, that's a good brand alright. And I bet all of your other tools are "Acme" brand too! That was a very nice shot piece of online journalism. He didn't paint you as some kind of retro Luddite anyway but as a very conscientious smith that did nice work. Way to go! B)

I think it helped a lot that he knows my brother and used to follow/photograph his band in the 80's and 90's. He always was a good guy and didn't have an agenda other than showing people that this craft is still practiced.
And, I've already gotten two commissions from the story so WOOT! :)