I Forge Iron

Here is a coffee cup holder I made as the demo for the Central Minnesota Blacksmiths March meeting. The base is 1/2 " x 5 " x 11-1/2 ". The holder started as a 1/2 " x 1-1/2 " flat bar 18 " long (each end drawn out 5 " by hand). A 3/8 " rivet was used for attachment. Also attached is the quick sketch I made a couple hours before the meeting. The 2 diagonal lines are the approx taper needed from the center point of the upright.

post-280-0-08179700-1331162734_thumb.jpg

post-280-0-97806000-1331163572_thumb.jpg

sweet jk, a good shape. it makes me think of something i saw that was thicker and heavier at the base of the curve, so that it did not need another base attatched - if you can understand what i mean? so its one piece and heavy enough at the centre to be stable. the one i saw held candles at each end, another idea, but i like what youve done. thats made me want to go and try the one im on about....

Hi Jeremy, nice piece, I would have preferred to see a square rivet used in a situation like this, no danger of the arms getting misaligned witrh the base if it is knocked through dropping or other mishap, thats quite a nice chunky base.