I Forge Iron

Dans Class with Brian

I hung around with Brian this morning and took picks of day 1 of Dan starting his 5 day class. I was amazed at how he took to striking right away. I got some good pictures of a couple tools being made and I dont think I missed a step anywhere. Forgot to check with Brian to see if any of this was proprietary information, maybe I am just a little scared after reading the right to know thread. (maybe he should just quit taking students)
I'm just kidding, I almost posted these pics on that thread. Dan did great as you can see, he was hesitant about getting his hammer up at first but after a few swings he was striking like a champ. Heres the pics,
https://picasaweb.google.com/LDWynn/DanDay1WithBrian?authuser=0&feat=directlink

Lyle

I hung around with Brian this morning and took picks of day 1 of Dan starting his 5 day class. I was amazed at how he took to striking right away. I got some good pictures of a couple tools being made and I dont think I missed a step anywhere. Forgot to check with Brian to see if any of this was proprietary information, maybe I am just a little scared after reading the right to know thread. (maybe he should just quit taking students)
I'm just kidding, I almost posted these pics on that thread. Dan did great as you can see, he was hesitant about getting his hammer up at first but after a few swings he was striking like a champ. Heres the pics,
https://picasaweb.go...feat=directlink

Lyle

NOT YET!! I'm currently working with Karen and Brian about dates to take classes! Nice pictures, as always. HhUUMM, If I went back and viewed all the pics you have posted over that last few yrs of folks learning from Brian I could save some $$....naaa, I want this experience first hand!

I'm going to Brain's, I'm going to Brian's!! Got my deposit sent this evening and will be there the last of April! After the Lee Brother's little shin-dig I told my wife I need to take some classes with Brian so I can learn to do this and that and so on and so forth. She stopped me and said; "You trying to sell me on the idea? Let's go! I'm all for it" So, to make the Missus happy, you know "happy wife, happy life" I started plannin. only 6 wks away!

Thomas;
I am a very rich and blessed man in that I truly feel a personal satisfaction and joy when I hear about when good things happen to other people!

For you to train with Brian and LDW, that is good news!!!

I believe that by placing yourself in the positive environment of Brian, Karen, and LDW there will be even more gained by all of you in addition to the impartation of the upper echelon of operational processes of forging steel.

Thomas, it is also refreshing to hear about your wife that is as supportive to you as my wife is for me.
I hope for all of you to have a valuable and beneficial time.

Ted Throckmorton

True all that Ted T. I know I keep mentioning Brian but honestly he and LDW are kinda like salt-n-pepper, bread n butter, steak n taters....they just go together. And you can't ask for any better to deal with than Karen! I have never met her but have 'talked' with her an several occasions in the past and it is always the same, very accomadating.

G'day Guys

Once again magic pictures from Lyle, makes you feel like your there. Dan looks like he is all over it like a rash.(that is a good thing in case it does not translate) Five days of swinging like that and he will leave with his own blacksmith shop and know just how to use it.

Thomas I can tell you, if you are excited now wait till you get there, it is just a blast. You could not be more right about Brian and Lyle they are peanut butter and jam, peas and carrots, Bacardi and Coke(sorry, loved the theme had to keep it going). Their individual skills are really fantastic, when you can see them together or have one point out nuances while the other forges it really comes home to you just what they are on about. Fantastic stuff.

Cheers
Shawn