I Forge Iron

A hammer I made

Timothy Miller

I was messing around at the shop after hours and decided to make a hammer. It is a stubby little thing I upset the blank more than I should have. I didn't like the way it looked off the anvil so I did a bit of file work to dress it up. I made it from some old shafting that is most likely 1045. I did a bit of forging with it, it feels good in the hand. It is balanced too with an equal amount of steel in front and back of the eye. There was no real plan I just followed my intuition on this one.

post-2348-0-54033600-1325459274_thumb.jp

post-2348-0-03044600-1325459439_thumb.jp

post-2348-0-29543400-1325459469_thumb.jp

Feels good in the hand,pleasing to the eye and all scrubbed up and dressed in it`s Sunday best. I think it`s something to be proud of Tim.
I have to agree that it needs your stamp on it so it can impress the ladies with it`s lineage which it can prove by showing it`s distinctive birthmark. B)

where can I get a Miller hammer ? Is there a worldwide distributor ? I've read on the web its the first hammer ever designed to be able to use with either the right OR LEFT hand...it actually improves your striking ability by 60% ! ! I'm very excited to be one of the first on the list for this NEW TYPE OF HAMMERING SYSTEM. I think the price of two thousand dollars is cheap for such a life changing tool,...I'm considering buying a second for my grandson, he's three, because I also heard no matter how much it weighs it seems light as a feather. I commend your expertise in designing a tool like no other smith has ever done before. If I may be so bold as to ask if I could join your vast distributorship network, or better yet can I start a franchise ? This tool will change the world of smithing forever ! ! !

where can I get a Miller hammer ? Is there a worldwide distributor ? I've read on the web its the first hammer ever designed to be able to use with either the right OR LEFT hand...it actually improves your striking ability by 60% ! ! I'm very excited to be one of the first on the list for this NEW TYPE OF HAMMERING SYSTEM. I think the price of two thousand dollars is cheap for such a life changing tool,...I'm considering buying a second for my grandson, he's three, because I also heard no matter how much it weighs it seems light as a feather. I commend your expertise in designing a tool like no other smith has ever done before. If I may be so bold as to ask if I could join your vast distributorship network, or better yet can I start a franchise ? This tool will change the world of smithing forever ! ! !

Ill make 2 a month and move way up state and raise lammas.