I Forge Iron

My first Anvil..... Finally!

So i recently go my first anvil as a Christmas gift from my Dear Mother and Stepfather. I put the word out to all my family about a year ago to keep there eyes and ears open for one. Leave it to my Mom to go out of her way and spend more than i would like her to in order to see a smile on my face. She's Great!!
The anvil is a 120LB ACME. From the research i've done and the best i can tell, this anvil was made by Trenton in the early 1900's, stamped ACME and sold by Sears, Roebuck and Co. ACME appears to have been there household brand name back then much like Craftsman is today. Based on my research the anvil is 2 piece wrought iron body forge welded together at the waist with a tool steal face. It has an oval impression at the bottom of the base. The serial number is on the foot under the horn. The weight is stamped on the same foot on the left side and reads 120. The serial number is on the right side of the same foot and reads 111452 and maybe another 2 but its hard to make out. It has a 1" hardie and 5/8 pritchel. If anyone has an Anvil in America book, i would appreciate any info on this anvil that may be able to narrow down the time frame in which it was made. I tried attaching pics and was unable but i will try again later. Thanks for any input and please correct me if i have any info on the described anvil wrong. Merry Christmas!!!

CurlyGeorge- Thanks alot, i was hoping someone would get back to me with the birth year.
Old N Rusty- Attempt is the key word there. That poor Wiley never could get a leg up on the Road Runner:). Anywho, i just tried again to attach pics and i'm still having trouble with it. I've poste pics before so im sure i'm going about it the right way. I'll keep trying. Thanks again guys.

Or forge/grind down 1" tools. There is not really a standardized hardy hole dimension and as they were often hot punched even the "same" ones may be fussy about sharing tools. Finding or making or retrofitting tooling should not be much of a problem---at least far easier than for me with 3 anvils with 1.5" hardy holes!

Sounds like a great anvil, good size to get started with---was it under the Christmas tree with a bow on it?

Thanks for the input Mr. Thomas. It was indeed under the tree...... We had a get together before Christmas at my mothers and she had my stepdad buff it off, oil it up and place it under the tree before we all arrived. Its crazy that even at 32yrs old my mother can still suprise me at Christmas but she definately did.
Ok i have no idea what the problem with uploading my pics is but i've tried taking pics from different cameras and resizing them with no success. I keep getting "uplaid skipped error500" when i try.