Jump to content
I Forge Iron


eric sprado

Recommended Posts

What sort of rivets are those that I see on basic old store bought kitchen knives like "Old Hickory" brand?
Are they a two piece deal that you have to make a little countersink for? I'd like to make some nice simple kitchen knives for family for Christmas from some 5160 I have. Thanks for any help or ideas.
Eric S.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For you experts who use plain rod for rivets: Do you countersink a spot in the wood for the rod(rivet) to expand or does it just make its own spot? I asked this somewhere else on here but can't seem to find it... Old age I guess. Or maybe I've always been absent minded...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...