I Forge Iron

asphalt coating for steel

Texas Refinery Corp. sells "Quick Dry Anti -Oxidene Coating" this is not a paint, it is an asphalt coating for steel. According to their website it offers superior rust prevention than ordinary paint. For those who do exterior ironwork , it might be what you want to coat steel with.

Hmm might be the stuff they spray on oil well pipe to keep it from rusting as much. If so; I once had the side of my van sprayed with a heavy layer of it and sand. Had to wash it with diesel and then with rig wash to remove it. paint job was never quite the same afterwards.

Rig hands were spraying it in a 30+ mph wind and never bothered to tell us our logging unit (and cars) were downwind...

Oh come on Thomas, you parked THAT close to drillers and expect not to get your rigs coated with SOMETHING? Reminds me a little of a TV building show where the host (Bob Villa) parked directly next to a wall they were putting a second floor on. Then they tipped the wall up, a gust gave it a lil shove and everybody let go. Bob's expression; him and the whole crew looking over the edge at the poor truck's wreck; and the foreman, "that's why nobody parks that close Bob," was a Kodak moment.

Oh yeah, the topic. Sounds like a good possibility, if anyone out there gives it a try please let us know what you think.

Frosty the Lucky.

Once at a jobsite a black Mercedes pulled up and parked right under our garbage chute. A quick thinking carpenter swept up some dust and debris and slammed the dustpan on the chute, sending a cloud toward the Mercedes. The driver, just exiting the car, climbed back in and moved his car.

It was a public parking space, just not a good idea to park there........... wink.gif