I Forge Iron

Shop dog limits

macbruce

I couldn't help but notice when I visited Larry Langdon's shop last month in Seattle that his shop dog was heavily into fetching bits of steel, like chunks of 1/4 x 2'' x 3'' long. If allowed over time it can lead to the, although novel, serious condition shown. This is David Norries dog Henery shown at the Rocky Mountian Smiths Conference yesterday hauling around a 120# PW .......nip this behavior in the bud!

post-15096-0-54868700-1312748834_thumb.j

Nip it in the BUD?????? Why I'd give that dog a bone every time he drug one home---and make sure all of mine were chained down when he was around...

Ah, but when you get the bill for the veterinary / chiropractic costs you'll be sorry you did....... ;)

I once had a boston terrier who LOVED getting my newspaper for me! He'd go SOOOoo fast! Race up the stairs and back with the Post Dispatch in his mouth (QUITE a wrestle on Sundays)! After a bit he got to bringing an extra paper or TWO! Then he would scour the entire street for any available papers! So I can see how this could get to be a problem... the paperboy and neighbors might have lynched me if they'd ever caught the little devil!

• 2 weeks later...