I Forge Iron

Alan B's dad passes

Alan B

Once again I find myself turning to a group of friends, some of whom I've never met face to face. To ask for your prayers for my family and myself. My father passed away Sunday morning at 9:30 am due to a sudden death heart attack. This is a grievous loss for me and my family. I thank you all in advance because I know the kind of people that you are and I also know you'll send up some knee-mail on my behalf. Thank you and God Bless.
Alan Brazzel

Alan B,
I write this note to you because I care. I don’t have to know you to care. Life situations repeat them selves over and over for all of us. We are all in this together. I am now 66 yrs. Old. And I am grateful to say that I have had the milk of human kindness poured over me a few times in my life. I was, and I am still grateful for people who gave a few minutes of their time to me when I needed it.
I also lost my father on New Years Eve day 24 years ago. My mother passed 21 years ago. My fathers passing was my first experience I had with the term “grieving”.
Grieving was not a fun process for me, ever! But, I guess a necessary process for all of us.
Over the years I have lost many people that have meant the world to me. Also due to the nature of my employment I was involved with death. I have had to do a lot of pondering about the concept of death in order to survive emotionally. I say all of that, to say this:
I believe that a miracle is not necessarily that the situation changes, but its how we think about the situation is what can change. That can be a miracle.
The following is what I could figure out about when death visits:
I found out that every body grieves differently. So, as you process feelings you don’t understand that overwhelm you and you feel like your empty, or that someone has hit you in the gut, hang on and just know that “This Too Will Pass”. And it will! Time will help you heal.

The person you feel you have lost, in time will not be as far away as you may think. Your dad will be alive in your memory and in others memory by what he has taught you. You can also enjoy the memories he has left for you of the good times.
He will be no further than a thought away. Celebrate and focus on the time you did have with him.
Due to the nature of the work I did, I feel it is sometime a blessing to go rather quickly than to suffer for a long time.
As time passes, life will regain its focus again.
The very best to you, and I give you and yours my condolences.
Ted