I Forge Iron

International stardom beckons

John B

I received this request and thought this would be the best place for it

RES is casting for a TV commercial for which we're looking for a blacksmith/craftsman.

Please could you suggest individuals or pass this on to your membership.

Here's some more info about the project and what we're looking for...

Red Earth Studio is casting a TV commercial for Dove soap products aimed at men for broadcast in North America and Europe.

We're looking for someone who is a blacksmith based in UK, Canada or internationally if they speak very good English.

The ideal candidate would be a man about 30-45 years old, naturally charismatic, handsome and passionate about his work with an emphasis on the skill, craftsmanship and attention to detail that goes with the job.

He would be a family man with a wife/partner and at least one child.

The commercial would effectively be a 60 sec observational documentary showing the subject working in his forge and a bit of his home life.

If selected by the advertising agency, it would be a well paid job (up to £10,000) lasting a maximum of 4 days, with the subject's partner and children involved in a small part of the filming.

To be considered we would need a clear photo showing your face. A photo of you working in your forge and one with your family would also be very helpful.

Then please e-mail the photos to jamie@redearthstudio.com along with a couple of paragraphs about yourself (name, age, where you live and why you're passionate about your work and a line about your partner and children.

Anyone interested can e-mail me or call me on the numbers below for more information.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards
Jamie Bourne

Red Earth Studio | 27 Phipp Street | London EC2A 4NP
Tel. +44 [0] 20 7613 1000 | Mob. +44 [0] 7958 935 622

www.redearthstudio.com

Respond as soon as possible please, scheduled for shooting roundabout June

Well the age limits pretty much knocked it in the head for me, +7. The UK or Canada part could be managed with a move across the pond or up north.

The handsome part really put the nail in the coffin on my stardom.

Oh well I'll watch the commercial and say, "Look, that could have been me!" NOT!

Mark<><

I'm a decade proud of that limit myself *and* my children are in their 20's and I have grandchildren.

Money would be nice though! (Perhaps you should suggest they offer to give the smith a powerhammer!)

I doubt I will see the commercial though as I don't have "commercial TV" only watch DVD's on a player...