I Forge Iron

Good place for Blacksmithing videos online?

Guest DanielT

Guest DanielT

Anyone know of a good place to find and watch blacksmithing videos online?

After seeing the PBS videos from the Woodwright shop visiting the blacksmith I would love to see more high production blacksmithing videos instead of youtube.
Or is there a good amateur putting videos up on Youtube I have just not found yet?

I had watched Forge and Anvil on a PBS station a while back but can't seem to find it online.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Daniel

I enjoy the six part series on youtube featuring Francis Whitaker's crew making a small gate at the Yellin Studio in Pholadelphia. I believe the third(?) in the series shows Whitaker making a large angle weld. Watching Whitaker is about as professional as it gets!

http://www.turleyforge.com Granddaddy of Blacksmith Schools

Post your location. Get it touch to join your local ABANA group. Most have a good library which have DVD's you can check out and enjoy as many times as you want. Even ABANA has a libary with DVD's of past conference demos which are fun to watch. You just have to pay the postage.

In my humble opinion Mark Aspery and Bruce Wilcocks youtube vids are well worth watching and probably the best on youtube by far ;) Anytime you get to watch either of them at the anvil is well worth your time, trust me!
Mark Aspery
http://www.youtube.com/user/MarkAspery
Bruce Wilcock
http://www.youtube.com/user/brucewilcock

For the past year or so I have been buying the dvds sold by UMBA, we have nothing like them over this side of the pond.
With about 150 dvds with 4-6 hrs on each one they are well worth the price, which is pretty cheap even to send over here.

Mark Aspery - brilliant for sure. Also check out Bill Epps videos on YouTube. That guy has some skill and a style that just makes me feel happy. If you want a quality DVD - I've watched Peter Parkinson's two disc DVD set a few times, very good quality. If you like his two books you'll like the DVDs:
http://www.amazon.co...C/dp/1861269773

For the past year or so I have been buying the dvds sold by UMBA, we have nothing like them over this side of the pond.
With about 150 dvds with 4-6 hrs on each one they are well worth the price, which is pretty cheap even to send over here.

after reading your comments i found the umba website and i ordered 5 dvds with the postage to uk $12, cannot wait to get these dvd,s
they must value if you keep buying them?

Colinh
Your DVDs shipped today
Hope you like them
All the ones you ordered are DVDs made from VHS as they are from early years
It is hare not to learn something from each as they are only slightly over a $1 and hour
Of course your paid more with the UK shipping

Colinh
Your DVDs shipped today
Hope you like them
All the ones you ordered are DVDs made from VHS as they are from early years
It is hare not to learn something from each as they are only slightly over a $1 and hour
Of course your paid more with the UK shipping

hi 781
early years from vhs are they 80s to 90s I guess? I don,t mind that , I,m sure there will be plenty of interesting things on them, what years do the dvds come from,
colinh

Not sure I went through 2 VHS cameras
Had two digital 8
had a hard drive camera
might have had something else
Last 3 or 4 years a sony ???-7 which films to ditital tape which gets played mimute for minute to a machine that transferes to DVD. I then edited and then transfered to back to the machine which burns a DVD which gets burned to the hard drive of a duplicator that burns the DVDs that get sent out.

The Clifton Ralph RD124 to RD129 were his home movies that were on VHS also

Cameras went from huge down to the hard drive camera was smaller than the VHS battery then back to large again.

I have watched a lot of demonstratons since 1988
Lately it is getting harder to sit on the stool keeping the camera in the right place

had a look on youtube quite a lot of stuff on there, saw 3 from blacksmithing museum , david robertson artistblacksmith.com has a lot of videos on you tube there is also a lot on his website. also bill epps has some interesting videos on youtube but cost of them and mailing them over to this side of the pond is expensive?