I Forge Iron

plasma cutter verses titanium

the reason why it is so cheap is because it is in china in china it is $4 more per kilo than scrap= the sipping. the shipping makes it become the price per pound of scrap ti in the us. $12 dollars per pound. so u could sell it and get your money back except the fact u have to transport it to the scrapyard so u will have more like -$500 depending on where your scarp yard is.

Large amounts of aluminum cannot be alloyed with steel, it just can't be done that way. Even if it could, WHY would you, given that aluminum is more expensive than steel.

it is not alloyed with steel it is coated with it. electroplated steel or iron.

Cheaper by far to just make it out of steel than to go that route. Sort of like the people telling you that medieval folks used LOTS of spices to hide the taste of meat that's gone bad. Lets see spices were very expensive so I'm supposed to believe they spent many times the cost of buying fresh meat to cover the taste of old meat?

Get Under The Bridge!

Maybe you guys have forgotten: this IS the same guy that talks about making pistols from RR spikes? he is jerking you around, again.

i am not just jerking you around i am here to learn. i am not i troll on this website that is not helpful to any one anyway. not that you even have the right to know that pistol worked out just fine. it is hanging up on my wall. i have tested it with ten shot 3 times the recommended amount of black powder. before i even shot it with half the recommended amount of black powder in my hand.i do not recommend this to young smiths i want all y'all to have y'all's fingers. you ask me about pics i am not going to give you them not because i do not have them but because y'all aint worthy of them. if y'all can't be nice. by the way on my previous post about the rr spike pistol i said i made guns out of pipe. i did not mean the pipe you buy at the hardware store. it was 5mm seamless grade 3 ti with a wall thickness of 3mm 1.5 times as much as my m16. if you guy are going to keep on raging my about all this then you just lost a valuable member to the smithing community. and on the guns trust me i packed the gun powder tight enough.if you don't here any thing from me then i left this website and i will not come back. this does not make me a sissy in just makes you not sportsmen. you told me not to ask questions about gun smithing to blacksmiths as i recall not correct me if i am wrong this is iforgeiron a website for people who forge iron and gunsmith does work iron or rather steel.and on my previous post i said i would not comment on it again and i hoped you did the same. that was not an order rather a suggestion. i hope you do comment further on this post because i want to know what you think and i bet so do others. ps i am not a troll this happens with almost all my post i say something then you say grab the pick forks and torches its a troll.pss yes you did tick me off

what do you mean by :lol:

He's laughing at you, because aluminum plating steel is a very specialized and unusual process. It's definitely not something the Chinese are doing on cheap junk knives. This is why so many knowledgeable people here think you must be a troll: so much of what you write is obvious nonsense. Your posts illustrate the saying, "often in error but never in doubt." And when you get called on it, you just dig the hole deeper. First it's Al-Fe alloy knives, then when that doesn't work out they become Al-plated, which is also nonsense. (And how do you "electroplate" steel with Al and have it contain just enough Fe to be magnetic? And as Grrant pointed out, that wouldn't make economic sense even if it could be done. Complete bull, all of it.)

If you want to be considered a valuable member of this community, a good start would be to stop spreading misinformation. Everyone makes mistakes now and then, but when it becomes a regular thing, that's bad.

• 2 weeks later...
... if you guy are going to keep on raging my about all this then you just lost a valuable member to the smithing community. and on the guns trust me...

Who said that? and for the later we can not trust you.

...if you don't here any thing from me then i left this website and i will not come back...

Promise?

...you told me not to ask questions about gun smithing to blacksmiths as i recall not correct me if i am wrong this is iforgeiron a website for people who forge iron and gunsmith does work iron or rather steel.and on my previous post i said i would not comment on it again and i hoped you did the same...

no, you were asked/told to knock off the foolishness

that was not an order rather a suggestion. i hope you do comment further on this post because i want to know what you think and i bet so do others. ps i am not a troll this happens with almost all my post i say something then you say grab the pick forks and torches its a troll.pss yes you did tick me off

you should read more and post less. You post like a 13 year old, and the only one in this forum that typos more than I do. It is very hard to take you seriously when you talk crap. That is not a typo, because most of us know what you are talking about is not safe or practical in the real world. Most everyone except you. Maybe you should stop to think about why most everyone reacts badly to your posts?