I Forge Iron

Interesting blower

Iron Falcon 72

Doubling the speed of the blower. The first big wheel turns the little wheel fast which is connected to the second large wheel. This spins the second small wheel faster which, it turn, really turns the blower fast.

You crank slower but the blower goes like the dickens.

gearing used to be quite expensive to get done *right* and a lot of creative ways were found to get around using them. The "modern" geared blowers show a great technological advance in the availability and *cheapness* of gearsets. I'd think that that set up was on the early side of hand crank blowers!

and yeah I am picky, ugly and wear a funny hat and when I've been using coal I smell bad too!

gearing used to be quite expensive to get done *right* and a lot of creative ways were found to get around using them. The "modern" geared blowers show a great technological advance in the availability and *cheapness* of gearsets. I'd think that that set up was on the early side of hand crank blowers!

and yeah I am picky, ugly and wear a funny hat and when I've been using coal I smell bad too!

An you might need a cookie.

Phil

Actually it *avoids* gearing by using pulley ratios to increase the rpm!

Sorry about that. I shouldn't have said *gearing*. I knew it's not *gearing* hence the quotes I put around the word. It just easier to type than pulley-type-rpm-speed-changer thingy :lol: