I Forge Iron

Something Kurdish This Way Comes...

JPH

Hello:

Here's a little something I did puttering about in the studio the last couple of days...... A "Kurdish" style dagger with a 11 1/2" recurved double edged Ladder Pattern blade in 1095 and meteoric/wrought iron (I used the WI to hold the meteorite together for refining so I could use it without it falling all apart..messy stuff to use at times) with some nice stag I have had laying around waiting for just the right blade to happen along for the grip. I had this particular piece for ohh...20 some odd years or so... with phosphor bronze fittings with file worked edges. OAL 17" . All in all I think it turned out OK...Has that "Ethnic Flavour"....

Thought I would share

Did this for RPFS next year (yeah I am starting early..don't want to kill myself like I usually do getting ready for that one.)

JPH

post-71-0-60112500-1289087401_thumb.jpg

Phil:

I havew literally tons of materials..some 1200 lbs of Ni sheet...some 650 lbs of stag...3 tons of various hardwoods and other stuff. I won't even touch any wood until I have let it season up here for at least 3 to 4 years...I am pretty much set for the rest of my life aqs far as materials go...

Chad: the stag is treated with KMnO4 for colour...it is a nice piece though

JPH