I Forge Iron

What's the most you'd pay...OR A fool & their money?

Something fishy about that seller...there's a prison lock he sold for $350, let's get real...

The Hay-Budden had one bid. This has no bids right now.

Who's to say if a friend of his agrees to bid on it.

Caveat Emptor!

Kudos to TP, at least that anvil went to a local school that you passed on, and will get good use as such, rather than rippin' some buyer a new one...

Getting tougher and tougher to get decent stuff on ebay these days...everyone thinking their stuff is worth a fortune...kinda like the antique stores that plague Northern California, old hand planes for $40 because they're old...blacksmith tongs for $35 for the same reason, because they're old...many of the sellers have no clue what the tool does or what the real value is, just that it's OLD. Most smiths are no stranger to old tools, afterall...:p

He would probably try to gouge you on shipping too since he is practically phishing. At that price you could buy a really nice anvil for 4-6$/# and get something a useful size... You 'Can' get good deals on eBay, but there are an aweful lot of lyers and crooks, be carefull. You are much better off getting involved with a BS organization and finding a "Finder" the guys like Thomas who can without fail find anvils for less than a dollar a pound, and buy from them...

It does look completelt unused whatsoever.
Evidentally the seller didn't have time to use it, with all the time it takes to smoke crack and all...:confused:

To me, even if I was to put a high figure on it, I'd toss a $200 value for myself. If he gets a bid for $700, either it's his buddy or he better real that catch of the day in. :p