I Forge Iron

You wont see me for abit

Im off to new mexico

to intern under Helmut Hillenkamp

maybe I will get the chance to look up some other blacksmiths in new mexico (I have never been to new mexico)

work was pretty slow and the boss didnt mind giving me the time off

I figure after I come back and save up I should do something similar again, why not I figure eventually it will be harder and harder for me to get away.

I have enough room for 1500 pictures so hopefully I will remeber to document it well and share what I can

Its an adventure I dont know what to expect so I figure I shouldnt expect anything other than to swing a hammer

You are fortunate to be able to do that!
I have watched several of Helmut's youtube videos and he presents himself as a very inspiring and talented individual.
If I had that opportunity and the time was right- I would jump in with both feet.
I look forward to your return and postings :D

Bryce; how long will you be down here for?

There will be a great SWABA mini conference the second weekend in June east of Santa Fe with some pretty big names demonstrating; including Rob Gunter on non ferrous forging, Tom Joyce, Chris Thomson, Frank Turley, Pep Gomez on pattern welded and mosaic, etc.

As President of the NM ABANA Affiliate, SWABA, let me welcome you to out fair state and feel free to contact me if you do any wandering down southward---I'm near Socorro... five seven five and then eight three eight followed by zero five six eight!

Bryce, if you get a chance to make a SWABA meeting it will be worth the time. Great bunch of folks out there and I have enjoyed "playin' the fire" with them over the years...(ya need to watch out for ThomasP, he's the one with the funny hat and anvils in his beard:) ) Also, since you won't be there for their mini-conference take time to go see Robb Gunter and his sons. They are in a class of their own, amazing smiths and wonderful people.....not that all of you others don't fit in that catagory...anyway, you get the idea. Enjoy your trip and take plenty of pictures!!

We will see how my funds are and what the boss says when I call him up

I am hoping to get out and do as much as I can

seems ike this meet would be totally worth it but i will have to figure out what to do with myself for those 2 extra weeks

Bryce; how long will you be down here for?

There will be a great SWABA mini conference the second weekend in June east of Santa Fe with some pretty big names demonstrating; including Rob Gunter on non ferrous forging, Tom Joyce, Chris Thomson, Frank Turley, Pep Gomez on pattern welded and mosaic, etc.

As President of the NM ABANA Affiliate, SWABA, let me welcome you to out fair state and feel free to contact me if you do any wandering down southward---I'm near Socorro... five seven five and then eight three eight followed by zero five six eight!

I am interested in your mini conference. could you provide some more info please. Thank you!