I Forge Iron

Integrity

I really like the piece. I'm aspiring to push my imagination that far. I've been stuck for decades on the addage,' It's real pretty if it holds cattle in' ag mentality. I just gotta ask, did you sketch this piece before making it? 3 views doesn't seem like enough. I would have trouble drawing it from your pictures, which are pretty good. Way to stretch the envelope, thumbs up!

I really like the piece. I'm aspiring to push my imagination that far. I've been stuck for decades on the addage,' It's real pretty if it holds cattle in' ag mentality. I just gotta ask, did you sketch this piece before making it? 3 views doesn't seem like enough. I would have trouble drawing it from your pictures, which are pretty good. Way to stretch the envelope, thumbs up!

Thanks,
My warped imagination just comes up with this on it's own.
I have a general Idea of what I want and just let the piece evolve.
This particular piece Changes it's aspect depending on the vantage point

Thanks again for your comment.

Chuck

Some could be intimidated by your vision and ability. There have been over 200 views but only a couple of posts.

Sculpting is something I would like to learn. Not just welding several pieces of junk together and giving it some fancy name, but intentionally selecting pieces that compliment each other and assembling them in a way that makes sense.

YES!!!! People do and as Glen said in a round about way- its a bit outside the box for many on this site... but don't let THAT discourage you from posting future accomplishments and pieces. I know we all enjoy seeing good work- even if some are a little tung tied in the responses B)

Oh, and WELCOME!

hi lizard yeah dont take offence - somtimes threads bumble on for ages with people adding comments a lot later... thanks for posting the pics- the work looks great particularly in the studio / gallery shot. is most of your work these kind of abstract shapes? i did a sculpture degree here years ago so im always interested to see sculptural work - im interested in more literal shapes and shapes and patterns from nature. ive been trying to concentrate on getting a visual style in forged work recently and havent done anything very sculptural. thanks for posting the pics anyway -keep posting - hope you get some more responses ;)

YES!!!! People do and as Glen said in a round about way- its a bit outside the box for many on this site...
As long as it is metal related and posted in the right category, the site can accommodate many things. We may need some help with the learning curve, but we are blacksmiths and can adapt.

Just what I need, another set of words to learn, and another set of tools to learn how to use. Wonder if I can convince the wife I NEED another anvil so I can be a sculpture?

Some could be intimidated by your vision and ability. There have been over 200 views but only a couple of posts.

Sculpting is something I would like to learn. Not just welding several pieces of junk together and giving it some fancy name, but intentionally selecting pieces that compliment each other and assembling them in a way that makes sense.

Sorry,
I wasn't trying to be offensive.
Just stiring the pot to see if I would a get a response.
It never crossed my mind that I could be intimidating.

Peace

Hi Chuck and welcome from Australia, I like the nice flowing lines on this sculpture very nice and was wondering what it would weigh also is that a bowling ball or a metal ball, cheers John. :)

Thanks for the kind words,
The piece only weighs around 50 lbs. And the entire piece is Steel
Cheers Mate,

Chuck

YES!!!! People do and as Glen said in a round about way- its a bit outside the box for many on this site... but don't let THAT discourage you from posting future accomplishments and pieces. I know we all enjoy seeing good work- even if some are a little tung tied in the responses B)

Oh, and WELCOME!

Thanks I will continue to post.

hi lizard yeah dont take offence - somtimes threads bumble on for ages with people adding comments a lot later... thanks for posting the pics- the work looks great particularly in the studio / gallery shot. is most of your work these kind of abstract shapes? i did a sculpture degree here years ago so im always interested to see sculptural work - im interested in more literal shapes and shapes and patterns from nature. ive been trying to concentrate on getting a visual style in forged work recently and havent done anything very sculptural. thanks for posting the pics anyway -keep posting - hope you get some more responses ;)

Thanks for the compliment.
Yes the majority of my stuff is Abstract.
I don't know why?
I suppose that's just what flows thru me as an Artist.

Peace

I think a bunch of us were waiting for the promised extra pictures! That looks massive and heavy for only weighing in at 50# I'm not sure if my brain wraps around it, or it wraps around my brain. If its in AZ, I'm not going to get a chance to see it, but where is it displayed?
Phil

I think a bunch of us were waiting for the promised extra pictures! That looks massive and heavy for only weighing in at 50# I'm not sure if my brain wraps around it, or it wraps around my brain. If its in AZ, I'm not going to get a chance to see it, but where is it displayed?
Phil

Hi Phil,
Sorry, I didn't know about the extra pics?
The Idea is for sculpture to appear to have mass. But in truth it made from 18g Mild Steel.
No Billet Material, or it would weigh several hundred pounds.
It is in Carefree Arizona at the Wild Holly Gallery

Chuck

Hi Phil,
Sorry, I didn't know about the extra pics?
The Idea is for sculpture to appear to have mass. But in truth it made from 18g Mild Steel.
No Billet Material, or it would weigh several hundred pounds.
It is in Carefree Arizona at the Wild Holly Gallery

Chuck

I reread your original post and it merely implies, not promises, extra pictures.
Phil