I Forge Iron

A hopeful future blacksmith

Thank you Kevan, I appreciate the compliment. I always try to be kind and humble, since (even though it may seem silly) the golden rule really applies to me. I'd like everyone to treat me kindly, so thats how I try to treat others. Again, thank you!

Thank you Kevan, I appreciate the compliment. I always try to be kind and humble, since (even though it may seem silly) the golden rule really applies to me. I'd like everyone to treat me kindly, so thats how I try to treat others. Again, thank you!

Kevan's right, you come across as a likable guy, respectful, articulate, good sense of humor and interested in learning about what we do. Basically you fit right in here. Even better in my book, you and I follow the golden rule. Well, I forget sometimes but I try.

Frosty the Lucky.

Kevan's right, you come across as a likable guy, respectful, articulate, good sense of humor and interested in learning about what we do. Basically you fit right in here. Even better in my book, you and I follow the golden rule. Well, I forget sometimes but I try.

Frosty the Lucky.

Everyone has their days Frosty! Haha And thank you, good to hear that I fit in!

Thank you bigfoot, I agree, I almost find it hard to believe that all of these happenings can just be co-incidental....so this makes me believe even more that blacksmithing is what I not only want to do, but need to do. I'd hate to see it die away within my lifetime, so I will probably one day be a teacher like Brian...so the art is not lost. If I don't travel, I'll definitely teach any children I have and their friends/school if possible.

Welcome to the addiction young Tom biggrin.gif

The universe has a funny way of making things happen that are supposed to happen - and it looks like your journey is supposed to happen. May it take you far.

Welcome brother. wink.gif

Sam

Thanks Sam! I must agree with you, it almost seems like to much good to just be a coincidence. I can't wait for Saturday, since that will be my real first experience. I will definitely update you guys on how much I like it.

Grant: Hold it in my friend! haha

Frosty: Indeed, the universe is quite wondrous.

Well, like Mark Twain said, "Man is the only animal that can cry,..............come to think of it, he's the only one that has reason to"!

Elephants cry, they are extremely depressive creatures moping around all day balling its really quite pathetic I cant even look at one.

Tomcellwheel good luck be prepared for one huge arm from hammering, swinging a 3 to 4 lb hammer all day is quite a workout.

Btw full of it 'bout the elephants.

Elephants cry, they are extremely depressive creatures moping around all day balling its really quite pathetic I cant even look at one.

Tomcellwheel good luck be prepared for one huge arm from hammering, swinging a 3 to 4 lb hammer all day is quite a workout.

Btw full of it 'bout the elephants.

That's a common misconception, elephants have really big noses so if anyone upwind is a little ripe it brings tears to their eyes. It's not actually crying, well at least for the first hour or so anyway.

Frosty the Lucky.

Well guys, I got out to the LAMA event at 7:45 this morning. It is 10:30 at night now. And I absolutely loved every minute of it. Brian is a great demonstrator, and though I didn't get to make a hammer with him today (Perhaps tomorrow ;) ) I did get to make two steak-flips (I'll try and get some pictures up within the next couple of days) which I had a blast making. I started off a bit slow, but I think I'm getting the hang of it...and even if I'm not that great, its still something I definitely want to do. I do hope I'm able to scrounge up another $150 or so for this blacksmith set someone is selling, then I can get right into it!

I'll blog either tomorrow or Monday, I would do it now but its been a long day and another early start tomorrow...and I can't wait.

Well guys, I got out to the LAMA event at 7:45 this morning. It is 10:30 at night now. And I absolutely loved every minute of it. Brian is a great demonstrator, and though I didn't get to make a hammer with him today (Perhaps tomorrow ;) ) I did get to make two steak-flips (I'll try and get some pictures up within the next couple of days) which I had a blast making. I started off a bit slow, but I think I'm getting the hang of it...and even if I'm not that great, its still something I definitely want to do. I do hope I'm able to scrounge up another $150 or so for this blacksmith set someone is selling, then I can get right into it!

I'll blog either tomorrow or Monday, I would do it now but its been a long day and another early start tomorrow...and I can't wait.

Great, I am glad your liking it

Blacksmithing is more of an obsession than a profession or a hobby

"Elephants have really big noses"? Remember: you heard it here first! What would we do without your wisdom, Frosty? :P:unsure::lol:

Well, they look really big to me but I wouldn't be surprised if you thought they were dainty little things. In all honesty I don't know what you do with my "wisdom" now! :rolleyes: I'm surprised I'm still allowed to post. Heck, I'm surprised a LOT of us are still allowed to post!

Three cheers for patient admins!

Frosty the Lucky.

There's nothing like getting to work with an accomplished smith is there?

Enjoy tomorrow. See if you can get some action pics, maybe even a video will ya?

Frosty the Lucky.

Well if I can Frosty, it will be a phone video, but I guess thats still better than nothing eh? ;)

You betcha, something is better than nothing for sure. I like having pics of me learning something new they make a great reference for later experiments and or ruminations.

Frosty the Lucky.

Here are the pics, I posted these on a new thread, but they belong here as well. You can see him striking for his hammer towards the end. We all had a blast. :D

http://picasaweb.google.com/LDWynn/LAMACONFERENCE2010#

hey everyone, im sorry i havent been able to update you guys. We have had some trouble with our internet provider as of late, so i have not been able to have any internet access at all (im actually on my phone at the moment)...my apologies to everyone, hopefully ill be able to get it back up soon. brian: if i were on spring break id rather be swinging a hammer than being on a beach ;). i also tried sending you a mail a day or so ago, but im not certain if it went through? the hammr looks great! thanks again for all the help, couldnt have had a better time/start. ill try re-sending my address, sorry for making you wait so long! its been killing me not to talk to all of you guys, and of course not being able to try out my hammer! ill talk to you all soon!

brian: figured out why you didnt get my mail... your mailbox appears to be full ;)

if its not against the rules, ill put address here (if it is glenn, just please edit, but get it to Mr. Brian if you don't mind)

3835 Webby Road
Abbeville Louisiana, 70510