I Forge Iron

Post Drill Parts

That would be great Keykeeper. I'm not sure you would have to go to the trouble of taking it off or measuring it, but If I could just get a good picture of one especially one on the drill so I can see how it mounts and fits to the cam,etc.I'm sure I could make one pretty easily. This post drill is like brand new otherwise. Anything you could send will help a bunch. Thanks. Levi

Here's various pics for you. The arm operates with a small wheel at the end, that travels around the cam on the crank shaft. The adjustment portion is wider, to allow for a spring to hold tension on the arm. This setup limits the amount of travel of the arm, which sets the advance speed. The throw lever is simply mounted on a small pin, so you can throw it out if desired. The whole arm is mounted on the press by a bolt, which can be seen in the first pic between the cam end and adjustment screw. Hope this helps.

768.attach

769.attach

770.attach

771.attach

772.attach

773.attach

• 2 years later...

I wouldnt want to get flogged :P Ive already seen the drill, It was just lying on the ground motionless ,lifeless, greaseless and even seperated from its flywheel which was freezing outside:( Its my duty to bring this lost tool back to life and start feeding it some metal shavings.

• 4 weeks later...

Welcome aboard GMCPASO, glad to have ya.

Post drill bits are no different than any high speed bit. If you don't know how to sharpen yourself I'm sure there is a sharpening service that will be happy to.

Frosty

• 6 months later...