I Forge Iron

hammer

I found this link hammer used should have a club of 60 kg., has a broken spring, but they assured me that it works, they asked me $ 1000 the equivalent of about 700-800 U.S. dollars what you think and make a purchase from you think?
I have never used a hammer but it's always been my dream, I have the opportunity to spend a lot of DIY but because I wanted this money used to buy it might be worth what you think thanks and sorry for my bad English.

post-10664-12630855184318_thumb.jpg

Looks to me it would be well worth the money but that depends on if you need something else worse than a hammer.
It would also depend on where you are located and how frequent hammers come up for sale.
Speaking of where you are located if you

Step 1. Click on your name on the upper right hand corner of this screen for example Bob would click on “Mainely.Bob”.
Step 2. Scroll down and Click on "My Profile"
Step 3. Chick on “Edit My Profile” button near the upper right corner of the screen.
Step 4. Scroll down in the next screen to “Other Information” heading on the screen.
Step 5. In the “Location ” box, type your location into this box.
Step 6. Scroll to the bottom of this screen and click on the box that says, “Save Changes
As for the broken spring it looks to be only one or two that add strength not the ones wwith the rolled eyes. A sililar flat spring could be scrounged and reshaped, hardended and tempered or you could contact a custom spring manufacturer.

It appears to be in pretty good shape, and a simple design = easily repaired. Don't know how many power hammers are available in Italy, so the price is really up to you. If you are happy with it, then it is a good price. I look at some purchases as to how many hours I will have to work to pay for the item. X $$$ = Y hours.

Also some items can pay for themselves, like a power hammer. I can tell you if I was offered that hammer here in the U.S. I would probably buy it.

Your English is still better than my Italian ;)

Looks to me it would be well worth the money but that depends on if you need something else worse than a hammer.
It would also depend on where you are located and how frequent hammers come up for sale.
Speaking of where you are located if you

Step 1. Click on your name on the upper right hand corner of this screen for example Bob would click on “Mainely.Bob”.
Step 2. Scroll down and Click on "My Profile"
Step 3. Chick on “Edit My Profile” button near the upper right corner of the screen.
Step 4. Scroll down in the next screen to “Other Information” heading on the screen.
Step 5. In the “Location ” box, type your location into this box.
Step 6. Scroll to the bottom of this screen and click on the box that says, “Save Changes
As for the broken spring it looks to be only one or two that add strength not the ones wwith the rolled eyes. A sililar flat spring could be scrounged and reshaped, hardended and tempered or you could contact a custom spring manufacturer.

Is it not ironic that your location has not been entered? :)

I'd probably buy it at the asking price and I have a 50lb power hammer. Any spring shop should be able to repair or replace the broken spring reasonably and you'd have a working power hammer. I really like the wheels, being able to move things around or even take them on the road can be a huge advantage. I know I'd LOVE to take a power hammer to demos and the state fair.

The final decision is yours of course but it looks worth the money to me.

Frosty the lucky

Hey Frosty, Wondered where ya went, The wheels look like flywheels to me.
Ken

Those ARE flywheels on the crank Ken! Where was my thinking? I usually take a closer look at unfamiliar machinery but not that time I guess.

Where've I been? If you mean since late September I made the mistake of trying to catch a falling tree with my head and ended up spending a couple months in the hospital. I lost about 35 lbs though so that's a plus but I discommend the diet plan highly!

If you mean recently since I got home I've been pretty busy for a lamed old fart, between therapy and dodging chores :unsure: I'm running short of free time.

Actually I must've had my comp turned on when the tree sent me packing because when I finally got back to it I had about 3,000+ messages to go through and some glitch between here and my server wasn't deleting them at the server when my machine downloaded them so the messages were multiplying at an alarming rate. It's straightened out now but took literally weeks for me, brain damaged and all that, to get things sorted.

While I'm not joking about the brain injuries I suffered I don't think anything serious is permanent. Well unless I can use it to dodge chores that is. :rolleyes:

Seriously, I'm recovering well, heck, faster than most of the pros I've been seeing believe possible though it seems like it's taking forever to me sometimes. I guess having a thick head has it's merits eh?

Frosty the Lucky. Or as my online SCA buddies have renamed me Frostig den Heldig.

Though sometimes I like Frostig Kartoffler being Danish (sort of) for Frosty the potato. Hey, it's good for a reaction. <wink>