I Forge Iron

I'm really hooked.

I smack around my first bit of hot steel today. Went to the New York State Designer Blacksmiths Adirondack Chapter meeting. I over cooked my stock a little, but had a absolutely great time. I learned a ton, and got all the critical parts to build a LP Gas forge, met a bunch of great guys. This is a very addictionly fun hobby.

Steve

SAW & SCOTT,
If you want to know the ramifications of your new hobby, do a search and look at the thread "blacksmiths anonymous" on this site, it will show you the corrupting nature of this disease you have recently acquired!! welcome aboard.
ps Saw--- if ever you get up above the finger lakes, we meet in Marion, just above Palmyra, love to meet you and contribute to your new addiction.

Must be a good weekend. I just took a 2 day class as well. In Northern CA from John McLellan. What a blast! Made some basic forging tools. I thought woodworking was gonna suck me dry of money...
Now I got 'smithing too. Thanks alot you all.
Scott

Welcome aboard Scott glad to have you.

If you'll click "User CP" at the top of the page and edit your profile to show your location it can make a bid difference. IFI is represented by members in more than 50 countries and a lot of info is location specific.

Besides it saves us old farts from trying to remember who's in the neighborhood when we travel and want to stop for a tasty snack.

Frosty