I Forge Iron

had to do the Jingle Bells

I recieved the package from Zoeller Forge (thanks Larry) a couple days ago, finally had time to go out and have at them. I decided to do them this way,
1. cold chisel and punch some designs in the plates.
2. use some shaping tools I had gotten at a recent auction. Bottom cup and top ball tool, slightly offset, driven down into it.
3. Cup them thusly
4. Draw out and head stem and put in pre drilled hole.
5. Drop in Ball bearing and finish bending over leaves.
6. Hot wax application finish after some grinding.
by the way, on a couple I cheated and tack welded the stems on the inside, I'm gonna do that to the rest, it makes em soooo much easier to work with. I know some ladies who are gonna be real happy I thought of them this Christmas!! Tomorrow I'm gonna do 5 more, now that I've got the kinks kinda worked out.

Ok guys, thanks! I fingered out why the rattle effect takes place, DO NOT, I repeat, do not, let the leaves touch!! I found out by experimenting with a flat blade screwdriver, what's wierd is after about 2 hours, one went from a nice ring, to a rattle, so I started looking at the differences, and somehow it had shrunk shut. So as you bend the leaves closed around the tool, leave about an 1/8" gap, so simple now that I know!! But that's the beauty of this art, trial and "oh xxxx, why didn't I think of that?"