I Forge Iron

New Break drum Forge

K. Bryan Morgan

Finally got it done. Been busy getting the house ready for winter. Priorities you know. Made from a break drum, 1/8" floor plate and 20 gauge 2 x 4 studs. Very sturdy and easy to break down for transport or moving. 2' x 2' hearth. I'm using a hair dryer for air blast. I went to hook it up and get a fire going and work on somethings and as soon as I turned on the hair dryer. I got the dreaded blue smoke. Dead hair dryer. Oh well.

17768.attach

17769.attach

17770.attach

Nice design Bryan, I was looking at using a tool cart for mine. I saw one in Harbor Freight about the right size and it already has wheels. The top will need reinforced. I have to have a mobile forge. The blower is almost finished; the firepot is my next project. A pre-built cart will cut down my work time. I probably should have started with the firepot and hearth but a blower fell into my hands and with my limited free time, I’m doing this a little at a time.

Frosty, Yes the dreaded blue smoke. Gotta keep that little monster bottled up for sure.

Avadon, I thought of that too. But for me its real easy to move as is. I also like the height it is and if i added wheels it would raise it some. Or, I would need to cut off some leg. I will do that on the next one.

Thank you pkrankow.