I Forge Iron

Got an Apprenticeship of sorts YAY!

Hello hello hello everyone,

Well I went and got myself an apprenticeship of sorts. (Of sorts being that it was never officially stated to be an apprenticeship, but that is basically what it is.) Met a local blacksmith who lives close to me named Lester Beckman, don't know if anyone knows him here or not. Went out to his shop yesterday and worked with him half the day, LOVED IT! Things were so much easier with all the right tools and such. Anyways, he agreed to teach me things, and I am going to help him out whenever he needs it. : )

That's not an apprenticeship, it's a lot better, it's a partnership. You aren't signing your life away as an indentured servant for X number of years as an apprentice does. Instead you found a friend who is willing to trade instruction for help. This is how friends do things, help me move and I weld up a trailer hitch for you or whatever.

What you've found is how I've worked with my students in the past I show them the craft and Deb lines out the exchange work. She's much batter at that than I am, I usually end up talking about smithing instead of getting any work done. ;)

So, congratulations.

Frosty

I agree Thomas - what goes around comes around - life is too short to be suspicious of everyone - share it around!:) Well done Drako sounds fantastic!! i had a similar situation for a while and it was like GOLD DUST!! these people are out there:)