I Forge Iron

Best Deal EVER!!!

Gentleman I believe that I have made the best deal in Blacksmithing history!! At least of my short career it is.

So here is the story, I was doing a fund raiser at the church and I began idly speaking with someone and she mentioned her dad had a lot of forging stuff. I asked her if she would mind parting with it and she said she would for some help. So today I helped her load up a trailer with cinder blocks, small RR Tracks, and various other things.

In return I got
3 Champion forge blowers (all in working condition, two still with stands)

A couple pairs of tongs

A small hand pump bellows forge I plan on restoring

And a heavy duty work table with a perfect post vice attached already!!

Two days work and I get hundreds of dollars of stuff! I am going to have to do something special for this wonderful lady, make her something really neat.

She has more tongs, two more post vices, a bunch of nice hammers, and a 154lb anvil I am going to try and talk her out of for more help around her place.

OHHH MAN I AM SO EXCITED!!!! I'm going to play with my new toys tomorrow and I will have pics up as well!!

She has more tongs, two more post vices, a bunch of nice hammers, and a 154lb anvil I am going to try and talk her out of for more help around her place.

Maybe you mis-spoke. It is with a wrong heart that you would try to talk her out of anything. I understand your excitement, and I am happy for you, but only accept the items if they are freely given. Only help her out if your intentions are just. These were her fathers items, and they may hold a special place and memory for her.

Yes I spoke in haste Jeff Bly. My intentions are to help her out whenever she needs it and maybe one day when she decides she doesn't want to keep the anvil and misc anymore she may remember me. : ) If not I am most greatful for what she did give me.

Oh and I took a better look at the blowers today. I actually have a Buffalo Company Blower, and two Champion blowers. One of the champion blowers is a big geared one, but it is missing a little gear that goes between the handle gear and fan gear. Anywho still have yet to locate my camera, but when i do pictures shall be posted!

Good to see things going to someone who will use them and not on fleabay where the collectors will snap them up. Take is easy on the other items. Give what you have a go and, like you said, make some special things for her. If these other items are special to her and she sees you using the ones she has already given you properly and with respect then great things could happen. Play your hand too soon and you may find a blank wall. Tread truely and softly on people's feelings.

Edited by rmcpb

Good score Draco.

I agree, don't pressure her but there's no harm in asking if you can work for or pay for the rest of her tools. Help her regardless of her response, good freely given returns many fold. It's why good things happen to good people.

And definitely, make her something special in return.

Frosty