I Forge Iron

Composite Blade Construction Walk Through

JPH

sorry that this took so long to get done, but sometimes "life" happens...anyway here is the completed three core twist/counter-twist offest interupt pattern sword with a three piece bovine ivory (bone( grip with bronze and silver mounts. This one turned out OK so it seems.

Sorry that the photos aren't all that hot but hey, I never claimed to be a photographer...

JPH

686.attach

687.attach

688.attach

690.attach

Hello:

I just posted the entire walk through article on my website en toto...for those interested..

www.atar.com

look for "articles by Jim" in the menu and click you will be taken to a sub menu listing all the artciles to date..

Fred: I didn't recieve any message..so what's the scoop??

JPH

Chuck:

Thank you for the kind words.. I try to keep this as easy to understand and follow and to be as striaghtforward as I can when writing. Sometimes it's difficult to know whether or not I actually succeeded....

All in all I think the article truend out OK...

Take care

JPH

App:

Welding is welding...it's not that hard to do, besides it is a basic skill after all..The hard part is getting the twists even and everything alaigned right. Now THAT is a real PITA to get done right. But the welding is just welding..

While you do need to know how to make 100% perfect welds 100% of the time, it's really not all that hard to do if you follow the "rules of welding"...It's just that when you do a sword in this fashion it's a bunch of rerally long welds..

JPH