I Forge Iron

Mystery Glasses

Filter lenses of some sort, maybe for protection from lasers OR to make a particular color light stand out. I have a pair for my laser level.

The color light they reflect is by definition NOT the color you will see through them.

Frosty

Sounds like a filter that has it's band in the UV to middle of the spectrum. Do you see red when you look at any other color? Does it just bandpass red? Try looking at blue. Does it look black? What happens when you look at red?

FYI ... I may not be able to help you answer your question but it is making me curious :D

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

these sound like they are A kin to a set of lenses my colorblind uncle had that he could mount on his glasses for discerning different color wires for doing electronic work the filters actually gave him color vision that was accurate to the diagrams he was working with. kind of hard to do electronics when red and green both show up as brown.

• 3 weeks later...

could they be for some sort of testing with fluorescent/UV light or UV laser light??
IE the contrast media goes into a part, and cracks show up as a brilliant line? to protect the tester from exposure to whatever the light source ..

pics would help, and I know they are on the way.... I am intruiged.. but probably not able to be helpful...

Only a minority of dyslexics have visual problems that make reading difficult. I sell See Right Dyslexia Glasses that are very successful in removing described visual problems that make reading difficult for visual dyslexics.

I deliberately use described visual problems that make reading difficult as a criteria to determine who will or will not benefit from See Right Dyslexia Glasses. It eliminates the majority of dyslexics without visual problems from considering my glasses mystery glasses that can help anyone with dyslexia.

Because of the high success rate in removing visual problems that make reading difficult I am able to offer a money back guarantee.

Many dyslexia products use the business philosophy of claiming to help all dyslexics but offer absolutely no guarantee for those that receive no benefit. I call that business philosophy "take the money and run". Sometimes these companies include worthless statements that implies they have a guarantee. Results guaranteed sounds like a guarantee but even negative results are results.

Even positive results guaranteed ,which sounds like a guarantee, is usually based on taking a baseline test and then taking the same test again after the intervention. The problem with that is that almost every dyslexics will score higher when they take the same test a second time even if they haven't had the intervention. It is even possible for some interventions to shift the blame to the dyslexic when an intervention doesn't work.

The See Right Dyslexia Glasses for visual dyslexics define success as removing the described visual problems that make reading difficult. The only requirement for the money back guarantee is returning the glasses within 60 days. I suggest as an acceptable reason for returning the See Right Dyslexia Glasses is that when you wear them driving your gas mileage does not increase by 30%. Some people get the joke some don't .

For more information
The Visual Dyslexia Solution

• 3 months later...

Steve, You most likely right about it being a waste of time. I used to wear dark red sun glasses, blood red as the lens tech called them. Any way it was odd that in looking at apparently healthy plants you could very easily tell the dying parts as the leaves always showed as a different color of green from the rest of the plant. One of the guys in the neighborhood here is a landscaper and he and I used to have fun with some of his clients. I go over, look at their trees and pronounce which were sick and going to die and of course they would say "No it looks nice and green to me" and I'd tell them such and such a branch was going to be dead by fall and sure enough it always did or the whole tree would die. He got himself a pair too, great for business when all it was that the healthy leaves put off a different light wave length than the unhealthy one, just simple optics and folk though it to be almost magic. Some shades of green dye showed up real different with them also, no hiding from these in green woodland camouflage either! You stood out real clear. :blink: