I Forge Iron

diamondback ironworks

kburd

i just purchased a two burner blacksmith forge from diamondback ironworks. Dennis answered all my questions and even took a few minutes to shot the breeze. I will give you all an update once I get it all set up.

• 9 months later...

ok so here is a long over due follow up. i have been using the xxxx outa this forge from the get up with it. it is great gets hot as all xxxx. all i need now is one that is about 4 ft long to heat long pieces to texture with the big blu faster.

• 2 weeks later...

Dave,
I have welded a few billets of damascus a few other odds and ends in my diamonback blacksmith forge. I can weld at around 10 psi. The only problem is the floor of the forge is soaked with flux. I have kitty litter in there that helps, but flux really tears up the floor. I need to re-line it. It throws down plenty of heat. I made some chokes for the intakes, and have been struggling to get a neutral burn. Seems to work best with no choke. I live at around 2300 feet above sea level.

Oh, and the billets were 2 inches wide by about and inch thick by 12 inches long. After the initial weld i cut them in half so i can work a smaller billet. The material was 15n20 and 1095. 1095 was quite tough, thats why i cut the 12 inches to 6!