I Forge Iron

Star Hook

jayco

While I was recuperating from my defibrillator surgery.....some months ago........some of the members sugested I try doing something with copper, since for a time I could not do any heavy lifting/hammering.

Here's a couple of pics of something I worked on. I couldn't resist making the pieces look 'rustic'.......after all.......IT's MY STYLE!

These were easy and fun to do.

Just some 1/2 in. copper tubing (split and flattened)
And some copper ground wire.

SANY00091.JPG SANY00042.JPG

Thanks, new guy.
I'm over the surgery. They installed a little unit to 'jump start' my heart back into rythym, if I need it.

Worst of all, I lost months of time and work while I healed up from the minor surgery.
But, I'm OK now!

I think of it like warmish taffy but a lot easier than iron at any rate.

Have you tried forge welding Cu? Same basic rules as welding iron, clean, warm, flux (borax) bring to heat, bright red is about right, tap to set the weld, reheat to refine and forge.

Frosty

Nope, never tried forging welding copper. Does sound interesting , though.
IN fact, I already have a couple small copper projects in mind that would be interesting with forge welded elements.

I've used copper for forge brazing of iron, but I've never done any coppersmithing........until recently that is.
This could be interesting.....

Edited by jayco
forgot something