I Forge Iron

Hammer + Tong Rack

Dick L.

Well last week turned cold and raw with a lot of wind so outdoor forging wasn't working out to well. As a result I turned my focus toward getting better organized and decided to make a rack for my hammers and tongs. I had a steel base from an cast away office chair so I added industrial strength casters and built from there. Keeping with the five footed pattern I did a pentagonal angle iron frame then wrapped a band of 1/8 X 1 1/2 around it. Now I need to unload it and put some paint on it before it's to late.
Dick

13319.attach

Nice idea....consider it stolen!! :) We have an old office chair that was headed out, now I will put it back in sevice! You will enjoy the Hofi Hammer, especially if you know the technique of how to use it as intended. Mr. Hofi will be teaching a class soon, if possible you might want to sign up for it. $$ well spent I assure you. I now have 2 of Tom Clark's and really love them. Thanks again for posting this cool tool!

Glad you like it. One thing you can't see in the photo very well is the center post is 2" square uni-strut with holes every 1 1/2" (Think sign post ) and my top assembly is welded to a piece of 1 3/4" / 3/16" wall square tubing that fits inside. It Adds adjustable height to it.

Dick