I Forge Iron

I use bar & chain oil on my mechanical hammers. It's designed to cling and it seems to stay on the parts longer than regular motor oil, especially the ram guides. Around here they sell summer and winter weight, I switch seasonally. I've seen a lot of guys add those flip-top thread in oil cups to their hammers, esp. at the pitman/crank plate connection.

I use way oil on my mechanical hammers, not so sticky as bar oil but doesn't run out as quickly as motor oil. It's made to lubricate the heavily loaded /slow speed moving parts on lathes, mill and other machine tools.
I think the brand I use is Vectra 2. I get it from Enco in 5 gallon buckets. It's often on sale for about $45. Lasts me about a year and a half with 3 hammers in a full time shop.
This is the best stuff I've found for the purpose. I oil my hammers every 4 hours of use.
Any oil is cheaper than new parts or downtime.

Mike,
I'm afraid I can't answer that. I ordered mine from MSC Industrial Supply. I just checked the catalog, and it doesn't give any specifications along those lines. They do list a "premium grade", but the wear strips that I bought are not in that category.

I have a "Rusty" type mechanical hammer with UHMW guides. I spray the ram (polished square tubing) with a light coat of 3-in-1 silicone spray. I noticed that the beats per minute increases slightly after I spray the ram, so it must help. I mostly lube the ram to keep it from rusting though. So far (in 2 years) the silicone has not harmed the UHMW).