I Forge Iron

simple hunter, improved version

Hello Again,

Thanks to some feedback that I have gotten from kind people who took the time to look and comment, I have made some improvements to the knife.

Specifically, the guard is better shaped, the leather is better finished and sealed, and there is a finger groove formed by guard and leather. Also, there is now a choil.

Thanks for the comments, input, and encouragement. This stuff really helps me learn and improve (I hope).

take care,

Kevin

12772.attach

12773.attach

I personally would have thought it would have made a better hunter without the choil; choil cuts are nice for sharpening, but on hunters they have a habit of "hanging up" when you start slicing up game, which can be annoying.

Really gorgeous knife though! The whole package looks fantastic.

Matt,

Yeah, I know what you are talking about. I have read some well-respected knife makers who consider a choil on a hunter to be a defect. I was torn whether to put one there or not, and left it without for some time. I have personally never had one hang up, on white tail deer. But, I know that they can, especially on larger game.

I went with a really small one, on a pretty long knife. You may be right though, I may have been better without it.

thanks for your input, and the compliments.

Kevin