I Forge Iron

how dvd rentals

hello everyone,

I haven't posted here in a long while but i lurk in the corner a lot. finally found something worth throwing out there to you all, I just found a how to dvd rental site that offers about 30 blacksmithing dvds and the same on blade smithing , the rental fee is kinda high but beats buying them, and finding out that it has nothing on it that would help ya.
anyways, the website is _________, I just got my first three a few weeks ago and the company seems to have a quick turn around.

JODY

advertising removed. The site had 230 categories, only one for blacksmithing.

If I had a business renting DVDs, all I would have to do is buy one DVD from a manufacturer. I could not copy it, but I could rent it as many times as I wanted until it became dysfunctional.

When a smith makes a DVD (professionally) there are quite a few fees involved - not least of which is the cost of the camera and editing software etc.

As the numbers of smiths in the USA is somewhat finite -and not a large number- the said smith is relying on a number of sales to get to a break even point.

If that 'would be' market rents the DVDs instead of buying, then the smiths venture will turn to naught and he'll go back to selling 'T' shirts.

I do not produce DVDs - but I will one day. Some smiths are already.
It won't be much fun if the well runs dry through lack of support.

Sometimes free can be very expensive!

Just my .02 worth.