I Forge Iron

What to make?

hmm thingys i have made uver the past years some fun some hard be depends on how you take em on. ;)
candle holder, toilet paper roll holder, rack for hanging jackets and such, and of course knifes :D and maybe a fork (bit hard) door hinges always fun but kinda need a door to hehe..

DC

does any one know something i can make? something simple but still neat?
not like a hook or something like that

if some could give me an good idea or inspiration ill make it with pics and vids

Joe:D

How about an Ash rake for a wood burning stove

Do mean with rake a sort of poker?

sorry rake is a new word for my vocab:rolleyes:

Ash Rake is basically similar to a poker, but with the end flattened out and bent into an L shape to allow access to the rear corners of a wood burner or under a grate, also useful for raking coke/coal down into the forge.

I make them with a three quarter circle bend in the corner of the L instead of the sharp corner. Handle can be made as long as required to get under the firegrate.

Raking = dragging

Edited by John B
Try to define Rake

I don't know if you have some sort of welder. If you have you could make stuff like this. This is some of the stuff i made as my first projects. If you don't have a welder you could try animalheads.

whoa those are some neat things to make!

but before i finally can get to work i really need to have a good place to set my new anvil. my first anvil was 110 pounds but now i have a 220 pound anvil

the 110 pound i can lift easy but dubble the weight is too much!:P

(yes there still will come pics)