I Forge Iron

ICE

BobbyN

Hey I was going through old email and thought I would post this.

A Cambridge-based paramedic has launched a national campaign with Vodafone to encourage people to store emergency contact details in their mobile phones.

Bob Brotchie, a clinical team leader for the East Anglian Ambulance NHS Trust, hatched the plan last year after struggling to get contact details from shocked or injured patients.

By entering the acronym ICE

• 5 months later...

I finally got around to reading this. Good Suff!! I plan to make such an entry in my cell phone and encourage my loved ones to do the same. Thanks, Bobby, albeit late, but this will bring it back to the present for a while at least ;) Thankfully I have not needed it yet.

-Scott

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

capital idea! except for the acronym problem...ICE also is what they call crystal meth here in Hawaii, as in "thanks a lot, green harvest; now we have ICE" (green harvest is the futile waste of tax money to spy on citizens and find pot farms while turning a blind eye to real drug problems"

having ICE as a contact does beat the australian paramedic who tattoo'ed "DNR" (do not resuscitate) on his chest...not good enough to enforce such a doctor's order, but having the phone number handy would be great!