I Forge Iron

Cable Damascus Hunter

J Anderson R

Heres a hunter I just finished up today. The cable and brass came from the junkyard, the elk antler came from my father-in-laws outhouse ( its over 20 years old ). The spacer is mammoth tooth I had left over from a set of handle scales. In case you couldnt tell, I wanted to use recycled materials as much as possible for this blade. This is my first narrow tang knife and I realy liked doing it. I havent epoxied it together and I might not. Its held tight by the threaded butcapp. Its solid and incredible sturdy without the glue so for now Im gonna leave it be. I also was debating dying the antler but now Im not sure, the natural colors are quite nice. What do you all think?

11334.attach

11335.attach

11336.attach

11337.attach

Edited by J Anderson R

Very nice! I think epoxy would be a good idea if you intend to use it due to fluids getting inside and causing rust, but I have a rust phobia. I have seen mammoth bone and mammoth tooth for sale on the internet and I have been wondering: Is it REAL bone from a REAL mammoth that is eons old, reclaimed from the earth? This seems counterintuitive. How much usable bone could be recovered from a single mammoth? and how ordinary is it to run across a mammoth skeleton? it seems easier and cheaper to obtain mammoth bone than ivory, and elephants still walk the earth!

Very nice! I think epoxy would be a good idea if you intend to use it due to fluids getting inside and causing rust, but I have a rust phobia. I have seen mammoth bone and mammoth tooth for sale on the internet and I have been wondering: Is it REAL bone from a REAL mammoth that is eons old, reclaimed from the earth? This seems counterintuitive. How much usable bone could be recovered from a single mammoth? and how ordinary is it to run across a mammoth skeleton? it seems easier and cheaper to obtain mammoth bone than ivory, and elephants still walk the earth!

Rust is only a problem if you dont take care of your blades. , I oil the blade often and I can take it apart whenenver it gets used to properly clean it, so Im not too worried.

And YES, its real mammoth tooth. There are no trade restrictions (that Im aware of) on mammoth teeth and ivory, and they are found all the time in the frozen parts of the world beautifully preserved. Its alot cheaper then elephant ivory because you dont have to go through alot of red tape to get it:D