I Forge Iron

Hello From SE Tennessee...

andgott

I just found this board- and I can tell it's going to be a LONG time before I soak up all the great info in the old threads! Good stuff here.

I recently relocated to SE Tennessee, just north of Chattanooga- And I am in the process of setting up my shop. I am an established artist & illusrator, Mostly specializing in drawing. But- One of my original loves is Blacksmithing, and now that I have moved to a place where I have room, I'm ready to get back at it!

I have been away from the forge for about 4 yrs now. I learned what I know through an apprenticeship when I was in High School, then went to Berea College for a time- After that I was the Blacksmith at Cedar Point, an amusement park in Ohio. I am mostly in to ornamental and art iron work.

You can check out my site- Less Than Six, as well as Andrew Gott - Artist, if you are interested in seeing my work, though there is no Ironwork there- Not yet, anyway :)

-Andrew

Welcome to our eclectic league Andrew, glad to have ya.

I just took a quick looksee at your sites and am intrigued. I'm not so much into working on such a small scale but would love to see your tools, equipment and general set up.

Heck, I can't sketch on a scale I can see let alone a scale I'd be hard pressed to see the canvas.

I'll bet you could do stunning repousse and chased pieces.

Again, welcome aboard.

Frosty