I Forge Iron

Kaowool

Try a heating or furnace supplier.

If you'll click on "User CP" at the top of the page and edit your profile to show your location you'll find folk close enough to give you a hand directly.

For instance, if I knew where you are I could maybe suggest one of the major refractory outfits as most have outlets scattered around the country / world. Heck, I don't know if you're in the US, western hemisphere or planet earth.

Frosty

EJ Bartell has an outlet in Spokane, not too far from you so shipping shouldn't be a killer. Be SURE to tell them you're building a forge when you talk to a sales rep, they're into fire, REALLY into fire, the hotter the better.

They're always really good to me, undoubtably because I'm into really HOT fires and they're always sending me home with extras be it firebrick, insulating firebrick, Kaowool or occasionally a new product they want me to test in my kind of fire. I've never paid retail either, my price is usually on the order of 60% or less of retail.

They're good guys, I highly recommend them. This URl is to their contact page. E.J. Bartells

On a side note, I just got back from Nampa two weeks ago. It wasn't a pleasure trip, my mother passed away the day after I arrived. However, my sister lives in Nampa, Deb and I will undoubtably visit sooner or later. We may have to impose on you to some degree or another, we both like naps and hot lunches.

See how important it is to list your location? I might've missed out on a tasty snack next time I'm in ID.

Frosty

Edited by Frosty
Some sentences SHOULD make sense.

• 1 month later...

i got mine from Larkin Refractory i got a 1x24in x25ft and a cement to watter down and coat it with for about $80 he deliverd to my hotel room when i was down in atlanta for the blade show last year. nice guy and prices were good dont know how much it would cost for shipping though. wouldnt hurt to contact them to fine out.

Edited by steve sells
url

I have dealt with Larkin Refractory a bit. Jim Wunch is the owner and very helpful. Very nice guy and he will ship anyhere. The last time I was there I bought 2 cases of insulating firebrick, 48 sq foot roll of 8-1 inch Kaowool, and a 55lb bag of Vermiculite castable for $120. I don't know what shipping will run you though.

He also threw in a leftover half bucket of mortar for the firebrick and a sample of ceramic fiberboard for free. Like I said- nice guy.