I Forge Iron

Incompreshensible Metallurgy

we had a LONG talk in the chat about this individual. When not preaching his insane drivel, he is attacking almost every other maker of blades he comes accross. He has NO clue about safety or heat treating, he admits he don't need it. Read it for fun and entertainment, but remember to check Qualified sources, before you believe anything he says.:cool: IF you want more entertainment, look at Anvilfire forum, in the Guru chat section, he started his attack there in his post on Dec 02, 2008

Edited by steve sells

When I read his sectiion on Heat Treating, I thought it was a joke. I sat there chuckling at how cleverly he made up technical sounding principles and generally made fun of real metallurgical principles. I was enjoying it up to the point I realized that he thought this was all true. I read the rant on Anvilfire and decided to go see the site to figure out what was going on. Yeah, he probably got a nice bump in traffic but otherwise, his site should contain a disclaimer "Caution! Insanity Spoken Freely Here! Enter at your own risk!"

This thread was brought to IForgeIron from another site where they are dealing with this issue. I see no reason to start a flame war here, or to start name calling on this site.

IForgeIron is about correct information, so people can learn. To that end I see no use to continue a thread about misinformation.