I Forge Iron

How about

J W Bennett

We're supposed to get some rain maybe tomorrow. Down at my parents they have had 100 days straight with no measurable precipitation.

OTOH a sunny winter sure has cut down on heating costs in my passive solar home; it was in the 20's last night and we didn't even light a fire in the woodstove!

Thomas

We are way to warm for this time of year, It's nice on the bills but the flowers are already coming up and the trees are budding. When BB sectional time(other hoosiers will understand)comes and the cold snap hits the fruit trees and flowers won't fair well I'm afraid. :(

Jr,

I like the flowers Idea, those sure are nice. 8) I'll keep track of how many I lay to waste before I get it right so we can have a laugh latter. I've never made flowers so nows a good time to try. Time to hit the BP index.......

JWB

JWB, before i really started blacksmthing, i tinkered around with copper and brass. One thing i found very easy to make out of copper and brass are roses. Also, these kind of roses are much easier to make/ decorate than iron or steel, and you can make a whole vase in no time if you want. So in case you dont have enough time to practice the iron ones or somethin, might wanna give these a try :).
rose.jpg

if that didnt work heres the URL

http://photobucket.com/albums/c256/julian60/?action=view&current=rose.jpg

My wife likes Tulips, so I took Jr's Lilly demo from anvilfire and a tulip pattern from a BS supplier on the net and this is what I came up with...
Flowers1.jpg
Flowers2.jpg

I will try to get some better pics tomorrow, They still need brushed and cleaned. Trying to get this up before the BP's tonight

Thanks everyone and especialy Jr for the Ideas, :D

JWB

Thanks Leah & Julian,
I don't know about the brownie points but it should dull the noise in my left ear for a little bit! :P

Julian,
I don't have any cooper or brass but I did save a rose petal pattern the same time I got the tulip pattern. I have sheet metal so I think I'll make some tooling and try a rose or two. :)

JWB

I sandblasted everything and shined up the vase, used a brass brush on the flowers and Veg oil on the leaves and stems. I guess they look more like Iris's than they do Tulips :? but I think she'll be happy. Heres the finished project.

FF1.jpg

FF2.jpg

And this is what they look like on the kitchen table...

FF3.jpg

Glenn,
Guess I should of put this in the blacksmithing section.

JWB