I Forge Iron

Grader Blade knife?

Weld Hard

I would not waste my time with a grader blade it designed to be wear resistant, most likely something like T1 plate.

Good steel is cheap if you are going to go through the trouble to make a knife why not use good steel instead of crap steel you have no idea what it is. If you want some good steel just post what you are looking for and I or someone else can tell you where you can get it.

The winkler Fastenal locale is two doors down from the guys I sub contract for... what a wonderful small world. This Fastenal whereof you speak, are the inclined to getting any kinda specialty metals? For example, is that a place you can get 15N20?

Is 01 or w1 good for stock removal as well?

Edited by Weld Hard

The winkler Fastenal locale is two doors down from the guys I sub contract for... what a wonderful small world. This Fastenal whereof you speak, are the inclined to getting any kinda specialty metals? For example, is that a place you can get 15N20?

Is 01 or w1 good for stock removal as well?

Yes if you want to do stock removal you want to look at the precision ground flat stock.
You will only get O1 as far as i know know one has W1 in flat stock only round bar.
As far as 15N20 i do not know of any suppliers in Canada. I have some of the big band saw blade that i would cut up and sell if you are interested in trying some damascus.

Bob

• 5 months later...