I Forge Iron

Greetings from Oregons Willamette Valley

Hi everyone.

took a few multi week classes in smithing about a decade ago, and I'm finally at a place in my life where I have space and the income to take on a new hobby. Been lurking around here, absorbing all the information I can, and thought it was time to Log in and say hi.

Welcome to the active side of the anvil, glad you delurked! 

You've been reading our posts so how about filling us in on you? What you want to make, your tools, equipment, shop, pets, etc. You know anything you'd share with children. 

Frosty The Lucky.

Good Morning Camelia,

North West Blacksmith Association will be having their Spring Conference at the Fairgrounds of Longview, Wash. May 17-19, 2024 Their website is www.blacksmith.org

Hope to see you there.

Neil

Welcome aboard from 7500' in SE Wyoming.  Glad to have you.

As Frosty said, tell us more about youself and what you hope to do in the craft.  And pictures!   We love pictures.

"By hammer and hand all arts do stand."

• 2 weeks later...

At the moment, im just remembering how to swing a hammer, and building out a set of tools. Some punches, chisels, spring swage, Hardie hot cut, etc etc

As for projects at the moment, im working on a set of fireplace tools for father's day. While I will make few knives here and there, the tool making side of smithing is what drew me back in. 

Welcome! Sounds like you're at the "Making a tool to make a tool to make a ... What was I making?" stage of things. Careful; that stage can last a good long time!