I Forge Iron

anyang power hammer

James, it's great to know that you are the USA dealer for Anyang! I have a 33 lb. Anyang that I bought (used) 2 years ago. I am just getting to the point where I am ready to set it up in my attached garage smithy. The floor is poured concrete and I am not opposed to cutting a hole for footings if that is recommended. I would really appreciate more information on the base... dimensions, type of concrete (acrylic etc...). I have a stash of 3/8" plate to build the base from and 1/2" plate to use as the base. It would also be great to have an idea of what you you would recommend I check and/or maintenance steps I should perform before placing the hammer in operation after sitting idle for about 2 1/2 years. Any help you might offer is greatly appreciated.

Congratulations on your Anyang 33. You are going to love this machine. Can you send me your email address and I will send you the dimensions and pictures of the base. I build the base out of 1/4 sheet steel and weld threaded rods at the bottom. I fill the base with concrete (regular sackrete), then put a 3/4 inch piece of plywood on the top between the concrete and the hammer. I also weld angle iron tabs that I anchor to the floor. Again, I will take pictures of the base.
Call me and I can take you through the maintenance proceedures.

James
940 6274529

Sam, I heartily second that.

James, it is great to have you on the forum. It is fantastic a lot to have someone as knowledgable and personable to go to with questions about operation, add-ons or in-general usage.

I will send my contact information. Thanks again.
Dan Kaschner

• 3 weeks later...

James, looks like the installation is going to hav to wait until sometime early next year. The Holidays are getting in the way of working in the smithy right now. Everything seems pretty straight-forward. It is a matter of cutting have cutting and welding at this point. I'll keep you posted when the build starts.

Thanks again for all of your help. I really appreciate it.

James , your NOT WRONG .

Spent an hr " toyin' " with it today with hot iron ,, man , where has this been all my smithin' life ?

Gotta thank 3 people , Firstly MOONY ( Glenn Moon ) the OZ agent for Anyang , mate you bloody ripper .... :)

James Johnson , the posts ( & pm's ) of tips , GREAT , keep em comin'

Uri Hofi , you help too was invaluable

Banged out 1/2 pair of tongs in 10 minutes ,, that's the workin' end to drawin' out reins :)

MOONY'S tips of " featherin' " foot bar ,, :)

It's not the BIG BANG , it's the infonite " tap's " just in the rite spot that makes this rite ( for me )

Thanks every 1

Dale Russell

Edited by Dale Russell
fix spelling

• 3 years later...

Hi everybody, this my first post to this forum.

About anyang c41-40. I own it for a few months now. Bought directly from factory, because there is no dealer in my country.
Before first run, I checked all the bolts, cleared the interior from oil/sand/bits of iron, installed the missing grease zerks and greased, filled the oil pump.
It runs regularly since then. It has a really powerful strike, and it also very controllable at the same time. I'm really glad, that I made 1m x 2m x 1m concrete foundation instead of 0,8m x 1,4m x 0,6m recommended by factory.
Some questions about lubricating appeared after this months.
What kind of oil should be used? Right now I fill it with 68 viscosity grade oil for slideways.
What can be done, to prevent oil dropping from the tup and burning on the hot steel?
Sometimes oil mist can be smelled, sometimes from the tup and other times from the back side, where there is an opening to the interior. I wonder is that a result of wrong oil or just annoying feature of the air-hammer?

Matej

Matej,

I don't think we have met before, I'm the USA dealer for Anyang. Sounds like your hammer is fine, but you are getting to much oil. (which can' t hurt anything, but it can be messy) I instal flow control valves on all my hammers, there simple, reliable, and they install in 5-10 minutes. Shoot me an email, james@anyangusa.net . I've been using/selling the valves for almost four years now and have'nt had a problem yet. I can also help discuss oil weights, general maintance, or any other questions. Hope this helps.